30 November, 2006

British Science Blogging

What goes around comes around on the shameless blog-whoring front, I reckon. A positive spin-off from the Truth In Science debacle was the happy discovery of a number of excellent UK, or UK-based, science bloggers of whom I was previously unaware. I’m sure there is more excellent stuff out there, and I’d like to know where it is. So if you write about science and are from or are currently based on this side of the Pond (ex-pats also welcome), link to yourself in the comments and I’ll add you to the list below. Everyone else, tell me about the relevant people in your blog-roll.

The List


Keep them coming - then who knows? We can coordinate on any more MP nagging, follow up on Postblogger’s suggestion for our very own carnival, and, more importantly, think about getting together in a pub somewhere…

10 comments:

Transient Reporter said...

I did my O and A levels at a sadistic little boarding school in Surrey. Does that count?

Transient Reporter

Chris R said...

If that means you know the rules of cricket, you might qualify as an ex-pat...

Transient Reporter said...

Well... I always thought Ian Botham was a bit of fat little toady. I was much more a Dusty Hare man myself.

Transient Reporter

Unknown said...

I'm up for pubbing, carnivalling or npolitician-bothering. Especially pubbing.

C W Magee said...

If you're collecting (partially) British science blogs, how about www.inkycircus.com

cricket is so last week...

Chris R said...

Lemming, do I detect some hints of fair-weather fandom? ;-)

OK Wildtype - your knowledge of a far superior sport is qualification enough for me. Though you'd have a long way to come to get to the pub...

Transient Reporter said...

True, but I'm sure you'll bring me a can of Boddington's, the next time you're visiting L.A.

DrOtter said...

Well I know nothing of cricket. Picking up a little Ice Hockey though! I too would have a long way to come to the pub. Missing British Pubs...

Bora Zivkovic said...

Two more Brit sciencebloggers:

http://scienceblogs.com/scientificactivist/

http://www.drpetra.co.uk/blog/

C W Magee said...

Hey, the Jinx worked, didn't it?