26 February, 2007

If at first you don't get published in Nature, cheat

Just a quick plug whilst I settle in down here in Jo'burg...

Actually, I've never even tried to get properly published in Nature - I've yet to stray into fields of study that are 'sexy' enough. Nonetheless, thanks to the mysteriously vanished Postblogger's heads-up, I'm getting the chance to sneak a few words of wisdom into print, as one of this years' four Postdoc Journal keepers. 200-250 words a month might not seem like very much wisdom, but I know some very long words...

My first entry was published the Thursday before last. Quite why I was deemed worthy is uncertain - I suspect that my exotic post-doc destination probably helped matters, but I suspect that all the writing practice I've had on these pages in recent months probably helped too.

5 comments:

postblogger said...

Nah, I'm still about...

I'm just gathering up some steam...

I'm dead chuffed that you're one of the four, 'though. That puts my hit rate as 2 of the 4 chosen being from my recommendations!

whateveriwant said...

nice work! Hope all is well in j'burg.

C W Magee said...

Where in Jo-burg are you?

Chris R said...

I'm currently staying a short walk from the University, on the boundary of Auckland Park and Melville. It's fairly pleasant, actually.

pirex said...

You cheater!